Re: karin, poles, trilogies, and machines

On Wed, 30 May 2001, Dan Temmesfeld wrote:

> Bob the dancing monkey wrote:
> > I have a problem with Saviour Machine.  I like
[snip]

> hmm... i like it more for its aesthetic beauty and
> artistic, storytelling aspect.  whether or not the
> story is true and/or false and/or skewed doesn't
> really bug me much- if at all.

You know, I can certainly respect that.  They make good music, and I've
liked it for a long time (since 1993, when I first heard their first
mainstream album).  I don't even mind _that_ much people trying to make
sense of that book.  What does frustrate me is that an awful lot of
Christians make these sorts of pronouncements, and then say, "Whoops!  I
was wrong.  I really meant this..."  For a couple of years, I went to a
charismatic church where this was pretty normal for a while.  As time went
on, it really got on my nerves that people were trying to prophecy and to
kind of be a medium for God (and would be thought as such to be God
speaking through the Holy Spirit) when in reality, they were just speaking
to themselves.

-Drew J

np: Left Behind: the Dramatic Audio Production
(on www.lightsource.com - figured that if I was going to gripe about the
series, I had better listen to a bit more of it so I can be more fluent in
the griping.  And you know, it's just as bad as I've thought before...)

O ^ ^   Drew Johnson - djohnson at snowplow_org - Ld Robert Bartholomew       )
O(_|_)         Looking for the cheese shop since the year 2000             X
O Check out splat.melm.org (monkey at melm_org) & goats.com (drew at goats_com)  |