RE: too little too late?

> there was a comment made that a perfect album has to, by
> definition, be consistent, to carry the same feel through all
> the songs.

Chris E. and I made the comment that it should have "continuity," which
doesn't necessarily mean the same feel. An album with the same feel all the
way through would probably be really boring (those monk chanting albums of a
few years ago come to mind...). Continuity has more to do with musical and
lyrical themes, and maybe the flow of the songs. This isn't to say that you
can't have a quiet and moody song followed by a bright, poppy tune. It's
more about the songs "fitting" together -- which is very subjective. I might
feel that a song fits on an album and someone else may not.

> i love an album that surprises me around every corner, that lulls me into
> quiet, contemplative mood and then shocks me on the next track with
something
> alive and kicking.

Sometimes that's what keeps the album glued together!

dave