over the rhine in philly last night

     ...and usually i lurk, reading what all of you have to say and
sometimes chuckling to myself, and sometimes shaking my tired head.  but
today i decided to post for the first time.
     I haven't seen over the rhine live for several years.  I had forgotten
what heavenly sounds they make.  i sat there on the front row and found
myself not so much drifting as being hurried along to another world; a world
in which you sing out loud at the top of your lungs, "the world can wait,
all i need is everything."
     I grabbed Jack's set list after the show (I was wearing the crazy
orange shirt in case anyone was there), and here is what they played:
the world can wait
if nothing else
faithfully dangerous
anything at all
i radio heaven
little blue river
moth
birds
sleep baby jane
latter daze
all i need is e.
fever
goodbye
strength

       Linford looked like he was having the time of his life, surrounded by
notes, smiling at his beautiful wife as she spit out sounds that angels must
long to hear.  He smiled.  She sang.  Jack was incredible, as was the rhythm
section.  I smiled.  And I decided to tell you all about it.  If you haven't
seen them on this tour yet, get in your car and drive.  drive across the
country.  just make sure you get there and you enjoy it. God bless.
greg