too little too late?

this is a throwback reply to the perfect album thread...

there was a comment made that a perfect album has to, by definition, be consistent, to carry the same feel through all the songs.

i couldn't disagree more.

i love an album that surprises me around every corner, that lulls me into a quiet, contemplative mood and then shocks me on the next track with something alive and kicking.

that said... here's a few of my perfect albums, along with many that you folks have mentioned.

they might be giants - flood
jonatha brooke - 10 cent wings
cranberries - everybody else is doing it, so why can't we?
catie curtis - truth from lies
inxs - kick
paul simon - graceland
matthew sweet - girlfriend
tom petty - full moon fever
sinead o'connor - i do not want what i haven't got
10000 maniacs - in my tribe
voice of the beehive - honey lingers
van morrison - moondance
peter gabriel - us
depeche mode - violator
housemartins - london 0 hull 4
vigilantes of love - 'cross the big pond
david wilcox - how did you find me here?
stone roses - stone roses
the primitives - pure
toad the wet sprocket - fear / pale / bread and circus
johnny cash - at folsom prison and san quentin / unchained