Re: Ahem. (Was Re: conservation hypocricy, etc)

that's all well-taken and deliciously groovycool.  i
drive about 130 miles daily to work until october (an
environmental ATROCITY, and i am well aware of it) and
can't wait until gas prices top $2/gallon in this
region.  (obviously, this is against my own
self-interests).  i'm still really bitter about all
the '92 campaign promises of clinton to improve the
national infrastrcuture.  amtrak service SUCKS and if
the feds are gonna pick up the tab, why not create the
demand for use by way of higher gas prices?  and while
we're at it, that all might stop all the footsie-ing
under the table between certain middle east countries
and several south american states.

we're ALL entitled to pout by means of "the federal
pouting act of 1977."  let them get on MY case for
running a combustion engine the way i do (it's an
american car, at least).  :)

peace folks,

eric