King's X, The Choir, OTR and some other things...

> King'sX... woohoo yeah, i hit every KX show in the
> five-state region... :)  yeah, it'd be nice to
> meet ya too.  did you know that Doug Pinnick's 2nd
> solo album (under the band name "Poundhound") is
> coming out on june 5th?  the 1st was groovalicious.
> like Jimi Hendrix meets KX meets a touch of Jonathan
> Davis (of Korn) in places...
man, I wish I could see them as often. I fear they won't even tour in
Germany with the next album since the last tour wasn't that big of a success
anymore.
I'm a lucky one to have a pre-release of pineapple skunk, though and I can
tell you it has to grow on you but once it has it's just amazing. MUCH
better than the first one, imo. The only thing that's still not THAT great
are his guitar solos but apart from this any KX fan will enjoy it.

I bought The Choir's "Speckled Bird" for 5 Marks (which would be about 2,5$)
today. It was really worth the money :). Though I don't think I will like
this one as much as Free Flying Soul.
I also listened to Mike Knott's "Life of David" but couldn't decide to buy
it, yet.
Also, do any of you know Denison Witmer? I'm thinking about buying an album
by him but it would be mail order so I can't listen before I buy...

But now for some OTR content... are there any other people from Germany on
here frustrated cause it takes so long for Virgin to take the new album
here? I ordered it at Amazon.de which said it will be released in late
March. Now it's still not here and official release date is mid-june. I
can't wait to finally hear it. I hope I'll at least like it then.
Do you Americans ever realize how blessed you are that you always get those
albums shortly after the release dates and that you can actually see OTR
live? I'd give a lot to see them live again and I'd give even more to see
them live with Ric still playing with them. Well... I guess this little wish
of mine wil never get to happen...

But now I should stop my 1am rambling and go to bed.

Good night...

tobi