Re: Good Moth, Bad Moth

--- Dave Cousineau <DCousineau at innoveda_com> wrote:
> Sorry to rehash a two week old discussion, but I
> just gave the ASR version of "Moth" a listen -- my
> first since FFR came out.

<snip>

> The FFR version is the "ready-for-performance"
> version. I also thought Karin's voice has more power

> and the drum part is much freer and more
interesting.
> My one-word summary of the ASR version is "careful."

that's how i felt, too, and was surprised that listees
thought that the ASR version was the superior version.
 i think often times it depends on which you hear
first.  i think our ears (or possibly our hearts) get
attached to what we hear first and we tend to dismiss
later versions as "inferior."  not that that's good or
bad, just an observation i've made.  i've experienced
this a lot in terms of musical recordings - i have
friends who swear by one version, which i feel is
inferior to the one i have.  but because they heard
theirs first, it will always be closest to their
heart.

just some of my own ramblings.

hey, while i'm here, i got to meet my first listee
monday night at the U2 concert.  finally met lara
(hey!) and she pointed out dan, up in section 209.
someday, dan, i'll actually meet you in 3-D.  maybe
next time KX rolls through town.

walk on,

=====
'cause like all true believers