Re: perfect schmerfect

Sexy Dave C sez:
> I think the implication of "you shouldn't list that" is really (or should
> be) "I wouldn't have that on my list because..." I know that's what I mean
> when I comment about people's choices. If it's not coming across that way,
> apologize.

Nah, don't apologize.  Most people don't deserve it.  ;-)

And just for the record, I'm extending Godwin's Law for this list to include
the words "puerile" and "ad hominem" as well as "gestapo", "nazi", and
"Hitler"

> And I think there is a difference between, as Chris stated, "albums you
> really really like" and perfect albums. One does not imply the other. Or,
> mathmatically, perfect albums are a sub-set of albums you really like
> (geek!).

I think you just have to be mature enough in your music appreciation to
realize that just because you love an album, it's not flawless.  Don't stop
loving the album, just look at it at least semi-objectively, and recognize
that it has flaws.  I love a great many albums that are deeply flawed.  Like
_Tales From Topographic Oceans_.

~C