Re: beatles

Dude, I agree with Peter's post; it's all good!!! The Beatles were a phenom in their time.  Even now, we live in the repercussions of their music.( The "1" disc kind of shows that, as well as the plethora of bands that pick up on their style.)

From your post, it sounds like you are going to want to stick to their latter works.  I believe that "Rubber Soul" begins their more "introspective" stuff.  It's more "folky" at times, so if you are into that...

"Sgt. Peppers" will blow your mind!!!!   I do believe it is their finest work( this is only my humble opinion :)  ). If you want to listen to a more eclectic sound then "The Beatles" (aka 'The White Album')is your album.  This was a more anything goes kind of work ( if you get this one, listen to "Revolution # 9 --you'll see what I mean).

Good look in your findings.  Really, I don't believe you'll go wrong.

Jorge

  eustace clarence <ecscrubb at swbell_net> wrote:

well, i have reached that point in my life. i have realized that it is
foolish to try to hide from it any longer.
i have decided to buy a beatles disc.
i know, i know. i should have done it long before.

seriously, i listened to the "1" disc and liked it, so i wanted to pick up a
couple of their cd's. but, i have no idea which ones to start with. i don't
think i would like their early peppy stuff, so help me out.
plus, i think it's about time for a new thread.
ken
np: Our Lady Peace - Happiness Is Not A Fish You Can Catch