Re: beatles

> 1. Abbey Road
> 2. White Album
> 3. Sgt. Pepper

Forgive my saying so, but if you don't say *why* these are particularly
good albums, then this list won't be useful to anyone.  I happen to think
that the so-called "white album" could have been a kick-ass collection of
tunes if it were a single disc and not two, but as it is, I think it's
rather padded.  And _Sgt. Pepper_ has a few terrific songs, but as a
whole, as an album, I've always thought it was over-rated.  It has a
certain *historical* significance, I guess, inasmuch as it was the disc
where the Beatles officially broke from their moptop early days, and
inasmuch as it was the first album they recorded after they announced
they'd no longer be performing any live concerts, but as a disc, I don't
find it as compelling as _Rubber Soul_ or _Abbey Road_, etc.  FWIW.