Re: U2

>I've noticed that U2 has popped up on the list lately, but did anyone >go
>see them at Rupp Arena in Lexington, KY?

I was there, great show...

>The stage set wasn't very elaborate, but they did have some TV screens >set
>up behind the stage that flashed Charlton Heston speaking about >guns
>before they broke into Bullet the Blue Sky.

Exact quote:
"Guns in the hands of bad people is a bad thing.  Guns in the hands of good
people is a good thing.  Except for bad people..."
Then the screen cut to a ~2 year girl picking up a gun off the floor.
Very powerful.

By the way do people feel that it is OK for bands to push issues with their
music?  Has any of these caused people not to listen to a certain band?  For
example, like when E. Vedder drew "Pro-choice" on his arm with a marker?

It doesn't really bother me, just curious about others.  I think music can
be a very influential medium to a widespread population, for good or bad.

>By the way, what is too loud?

When Ass Pony opened for OtR back in '96, that was *too* loud.  My ears were
ringing so badly I could barely hear OtR when they came on.
U2 was a very nice level.

Later all,
scott