Re: U2

I've noticed that U2 has popped up on the list lately, but did anyone go see
them at Rupp Arena in Lexington, KY? If someone did, I'd be interested in
what they thought of the show. I went, and I thought it was a good show. They
played a lot of old material .....I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday, In the
Name of Love, ect.  which was really great, and a lot of songs of Achtung.
The stage set wasn't very elaborate, but they did have some TV screens set up
behind the stage that flashed Charlton Heston speaking about guns before they
broke into Bullet the Blue Sky. Overall, I thought that One was powerfully
performed, as well as Sunday Bloody Sunday, Where the Streets Have No Name,
With or Without You, & Walk On.
PJ Harvey opened. She looked and sounded like a cross between Chrissy Hynde
and Patti Smith. Is this typical of her sound? The show wasn't a sellout
(att. was 16,000), which was a surprise, but ticket prices were rather
steep...$42.00 for starters.
Does anyone know if there is an extra verse to One that the band sings when
they play it live? They sang an extra one at the end of Fridays show, but
they played a little loud, and I couldn't make out the words. By the way,
what is too loud? I know it's a rock show, and U2 really wasn't that loud,
but why do some bands insist on playing so loud? I mean, isn't the point to
HEAR the music?

Oh yeah, while I was waiting to buy some things at the Asbury Bookstore, I
flipped through the new CCM to kill some time and saw a brief paragraph about
OTR and Films for Radio. I can't recall ever seeing them in the magazine
before.

Brittney