Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V3 #551

i was 8 or 9 when bobby sands staved to death.  not to
suggest that ALL music is borne of political
"situations," but U2's energy from boston to d.c. on
the eastern seaboard has sutained and sustained,
transformed, and grown since *the unforgettable fire*.
 i rode around at 16 on country roads with friends to
the j. tree.  that energy and craft and art was
sparked by the goings on between ireland and england
in the late 70s, I'm convinced.  u2 harnessed it, and
more power to them.