Re: Saturday morning rant

prestokelvo at yahoo_com writes:

Great scobbitygoshkins!  Pardon me for using a simple
little word because it's politically incorrect to use
that word unless you belong to a particular small
subculture

Oh, you're more than welcome to use it.  You can call *me* gay all you want!

when the word actually originally only meant stinking happy!

If you used the word to mean "happy," then I take back my comments!

I just have this nagging question in my tired little
brain.  Why is it okay for others to make common use
of words and phrases that they know might be offensive
to some (F***, God and Jesus tossed around like last
weeks cabbage, yourmothersac*nt,...) but my using the
word "gay" one time gets me reprimanded.  Don't
misunderstand me, I will definitely not use that word
again if it's offensive to some.  But will others be
so careful?

I don't know.  That's between you and them if you're offended.  I think there
is a difference, though, between not choosing to use certain words yourself
and being *offended* by their use.  Many people don't use "curse" words, but
few are *offended* by them.  Using "Jesus" in such a manner is a different
matter, and I can see how someone could be offended by that.

I am not looking for some big apology or reparation here.  I was simply
pointing out the ignorace and/or rudeness of the statement.  If you used it
and didn't imagine it would be offensive, that's ignorance.  If you did think
about it and said it anyway, it's rude.

That's all.

Jan