Re: Chasing Kevin (was Re: Criterion (was Re: bruce))

Peter T. Chattaway wrote:
> I am constantly amazed at how many people revere
> _Mallrats_, considering even Kevin Smith has been
> rather apologetic about that film.

he was apologetic that he tried to make a blockbuster
movie house hit... but per the commentary and other
commentaries, he seems to genuinely like mallrats.  i
didn't really hear any ill-will towards it from him.

it sort of is the runt, though, and it gets joked
about by him a lot due to its high hopes and low box
office turnout.

but i get the feeling that he liked it and liked
making it.

Dan

np: rem - nightswimming