Re: Re: film course

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001 Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:

> On 4/3/01 11:41 AM, quoth the brilliant prestokelvo at yahoo_com at
> prestokelvo at yahoo_com:
>
> >(I used the
> >word "spectrum" here, a word I really don't prefer,
> >because I'm not sure how to spell
> >gamut...gamit...gammit...).
>

> Gamut. You did just fine, lovey.
>
> Anyone care to look up the history?

gamma, lowest note of a medieval scale, and i think ut's the third letter
of the latin alphabet?

word history: um. dunno. it's and old word ? (:

the whole series of recognized musical notes

an entire range or series  <ran the gamut from praise to contempt>

something akin to that...

rhys

--
If you've done six impossible things before breakfast, why not round it off
with dinner at Milliway's, the restaurant at the end of the universe.