radiocolour

to add to the discussion...

i wouldn't consider GDBD a "depressing" record...then again, i always found
radiohead's song "no surprises" to be rather joyful and defiant, and there
was that snippet in "meeting people is easy" where it was playing and some
talk-show lady commented, "once again, music to slit your wrists to".

slow doesn't necessarily have to mean "sad", as i'm sure many of you here
know. what i *do* find sad, is that popular music is so bent on being upbeat
and catchy, that anything really melodic and pensive and thoughtful and
poetic and languid gets slapped with the label "depressing".

i'm not a depressed person...i laugh too much. i'm silly, i call my
celebrity crushes my "boyfriends", i'm the galloping gourmet! but i do like
to *feel* something every once in a while...to have a record or song come on
that just makes you want to take out your own space.

otr's music does that to me. i can ignore things such as passers-by and just
get into the music.

so what if i can't choreograph a drill team routine to it?

jillian.