Re: Suggestions/Reality...

In a message dated 3/30/01 1:09:08 PM, Owner-Over-The-Rhine at actwin_com writes:

<< Actually, it seems that by asking that question I sort
of opened myself up for a bit of alienation.  It
appears that I'm like the only one here who doesn't
enjoy sci-fi or fantasy.  I guess I like my fiction a
little more grounded in reality. >>

I am one who would be in the same boat as you.  That is why I recommended
Woiwode.  He is firmly planted in the realities that people face on a day to
day basis.  The only Irving I have read in "A Prayer for Owen Meany" and I
loved it.  John Updike is one you should also check out.  "In the Beauty of
the Lillies" is one of his more recent works.

AB