Re: that music festival thingy in Memphis

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001 LikeTheQuiche at aol_com wrote:

> Fellow Listees,
>
> l got this flyer on a festival in Memphis called the "One Festival" or
> something.  Kinda like C-stone?  But just readin through and saw an artist
> from here in Chicago that l've been raving over for the last decade. . .
> Michael McDermott is gonna be there, l nearly fell off.  l've been hooked
> ever since "A Wall l Must Climb" on his debut: 620 W. Surf.  Not to mention,
> OTR, VOL, The Choir, Undercover, The Violet Burning, 77's, etc.  All bands
> that reeled me into the whole CCM scene.

Heh.  The One Festival is being scheduled by none other than the
inimitable Henry Huang, organizer of Cornerstone since the 80s.  And did
you by any chance come across 620 W. Surf by reading the True Tunes
article back in 1991?

-Drew

O ^ ^   Drew Johnson - djohnson at snowplow_org - Ld Robert Bartholomew       )
O(_|_)         Looking for the cheese shop since the year 2000             X
O Check out splat.melm.org (monkey at melm_org) & goats.com (drew at goats_com)  |