being an adult sucks

hi there, list.

i'm quietly growling and (more often) mournfully sighing this morning.  my
plans to drive to kc to see the grand emporium show--including asking off
from both my jobs--have been shot down in mid-stride.  it appears that the
opera that i'm stage managing isn't coming together quite as smoothly as we'd
hoped, so i've been "asked" to cancel my aforementioned plans.  so... instead
of happily listening to otr on thursday night, i'll be slogging my way
through yet another 3 hour run-through.  how many times in one's life should
one have to hear the phrase, "could you tell me what my blocking is for the
act one finale again?"
grrr.
*sigh*
i have vented.