Re: side-tracked, again

> In the early uni years, it used to be trendy to say you preferred
> "Resevoir Dogs" over "Pulp Fiction" (becasue of the ear scene?) - then
> when Jackie Brown came out (and it flopped at the US box office) that
> was the one to prefer!

I have yet to come across *anyone* who says _Jackie Brown_ is their
favorite Tarantino film.  Me, I've generally tended to prefer _Reservoir
Dogs_, mostly because it's a tighter story, overall.

> Anyway, taste is a rather ambiguous thing. I know some pretty
> intelligent people who adored Independance Day....does that make them
> dumb?

I'm tempted to say yes :) but really, that depends on *why* they adore it.

> Another excellent film I was recently (not sure if it's released in the
> US yet) is la Veuve de St Pierre (with Juliette Binoche).

That one's been playing at a local theatre now for two or three weeks, so
I know it's been released in Canada.  I think a friend of mine in Seattle
said he had seen it there, too, so it may be in the States already.