oh the altercations :)...but...

hi kevin :) and list,

i just wanted to tell you, kevin, that i appreciated
your apology a lot and the openess with which you made
it.  thanks :)  i also look forward to any more
elaboration you have on your discoveries.  'cause i
know what you mean by getting sick of the cerebral
cynicism...where's the life in that?

even if this "life" seems to come in a vestige of
settling for dumbing down, there is something in me
that goes, "you flat out know that this surrender to
something you can't explain is the only way you'll
sleep at night :)"  it doesn't mean i won't continue
to struggle and think through a lot.

and the other day i laughed as i looked up a bible
verse.  just numbers in my head.  i had written it
down as a time to pick up a friend (john)--at 7:15.
and do you know what that silly verse said????

"the jews were amazed and asked, "how did this man get
such learning without having studied?"

he's talking about jesus.

i saw it in my agenda and thought, "those silly people
over at such-and-such would see it as a message from
god and immediately look it up."  what a snob i can
be.  and so, i heard a sweet, corrective voice say,
"look it up."

oh well, i guess god does use quirky ways even.  i
thought i was past believing he'd speak to me in such
a prosaic way (such was the custom in some ministries
i've been part of).

but he did.  and humbled me through such a trite way.
and the other day, he protected my grandma through
what could have been fatal.  she's up and volunteering
again.  so yeah, faith :)

> GEEZ.  no question as to who would be tossin' stones
> here.

and to this, i think the line is simply b/w content
and the manner in which it's presented.  i don't think
anyone would have reacted had you been less personal
regarding jillian or anyone else with her questions.

hope you have a great day!,
j. marie