Re: bogarts show

     The pre-show dinner was a nice way to get in the
mood for the concert.

     Rose Polenzani opened.  I stood three people from the
stage and still found it difficult to listen to her
because so many people were talking loudly.  I listened
to her self-titled CD today.  I would enjoy hearing her
live without conversation distractions.  She will be part
of the tour.  In less noisy venues you should try to get
there early enough to listen to her.

     The mix of old and new Over-the-Rhine songs went
together perfectly well.  Some mellow songs.  The overall
effect was high energy.  There were several people who
moved with the music spread out in pockets in the
audience.  The recorded America song seemed odd to me.  I
wonder how it was meant to flow into the next song.  Maybe
next time it will make more sense to me.

     There was an aftershow across the street in the
second floor of Martino's across the street for those who
bought the new CD at the show.  The second floor was a
bar on one side and a dance floor and pool table in a
larger room next to the bar.  One couple played pool.
Everyone else was in the bar area.  A table had free food.
The pizza was gone by the time I got there.  I had some
fried boneless chicken.  Rolling Rock beer and soft drinks
were free.  The crowd did not interract very much.  I was
curious what would happen.  There was no promise of seeing
the band but I expected to see them as I walked in.  Later
Karin and Linford and Jack came in, split up and talked
with people in bar.  Linford said that the party was set
up by a gentleman from EMI.  It was a very nice touch.

--Rick C

--Rick C