Eve: 4, Good Dog: 3

Helluva show last night.  I was proud to be an Over the Rhine fan.  Sounds
corny I guess.  Dan hit the setlist pretty good, except for the order.
Birds live was better than soup on a stick.  Same with FD2 (Faithfully
Dangerous) and My Love is a MF Fever.

I thought Karin looked a little WalMart-y, but I always look twenty times
worse so who am I to say anything (at all).

Dan's review is so in-jokey, if you gleaned anything from it then you're
A-OK by me.

My only real show disappointment was the amount of pre-recorded or sequenced
stuff that was used.  Give Me Strength used all of the backing tracks from
the album version, and even what sounded like Karin's lead in vocals seemed
augmented by piped-in stuff (the oohs).  I'd rather have an acoustic version
anyday.  haha, just kidding!

It was great seeing everyone (obligatory list follows: Melissa, Dan, Deb F,
Stefanie Riehl (!!), Andy Sten, Mr. J Lawson, Brian S, Rick C, Mr. Ulrich
and Teresa, Margareta, Rick C, Amy E, Stacie, Kim N, Jessica and sick
husband, I'm sure I'm forgetting people).

Ooh, and there was a show-shocker for the evening, at least for me.  If
you'd rather wait to see this live and want to be surprised, just stop
reading...

so...

don't read any further unless you want to read what ELSE they played that
Dan didn't mention.

it's old school...

I warned you...

"If I'm Drowning" was tastefully -- no, wait -- amazingly added to the live
coda of "Give Me Strength".  It was seamless and beautiful and powerful even
in a two minute chorus only snippet...  And I'm not one of those old-school
OtR dirtbags that lives for this sort of thing, but I didn't sleep last
night and don't plan on it tonight either.  haha, just kidding.

But Drowning was my personal highlight; I was blindsided...

Bruce