RE: Over-The-Rhine Digest V3 #477

Wow, have I gotten a response to my less than rosy critique of the
OTR-Wheaton show?! I am expecting to get a call any minute now asking me to
return my autographed copy of FFR (# 463)! (Or Linford telling me never to
come back again! )Anyways, I just wanted to clear up a few things, since I
am a new responder  and first impressions, even in cyberspace, are
important. First, I forget who it was who scathed me by suggesting that I
was a Wheaton student because of some of my comments, most notably my
comments about Jack's coffee drinking. OK- I want to make it very clear that
I do not go to Wheaton. I couldn't take the no dancing, no drinking,
no-having-a-good-time pledge that they are forced to sign.  (law school in
Chicago if anyone wants to send money) Also, I tend to very much like and
appreciate OTR as an acoustic band. Nothing soothes my weary soul more than
GDBD and its astonishing simplicity. So, whoever suggested that I would
rather see OTR as an electronica-turned band, you are wrong on that account.
Finally, the latest attack was based on a loose reading of my critique as a
"pedestaled mocking of those who were discussing the relationship of over
the rhine with Christianity and art etc." I am not quite sure what was meant
by "pedastaled" although I imagine some type of "high brow" cynicism was
trying to be conveyed. In any event, I just wanted to say to everyone on the
list that I am truly sorry for hurting your feelings, for speaking my
propaganda-like filth and  my heretic slurs against our Gods- Linford and
Karen! (note to all past and future listees- NOTE THE SARCASM!!!!!!!!)
Anyways, I grabbed my Bible and prayed for forgiveness and I feel now I need
to say a few positive things about OTR to redeem myself in your collective
eyes.
The new album is great- it's like your parents wisdom in that at first I
didn't really like it, but the more I listen I see the beauty and complexity
of it, and most importantly, what it took to make it. To be sure, it is a
stretch for the band. I miss the violin and voice of Terry, but Karen is a
one bird per cage kind a gal, so it was expected. She is certainly fine on
her own up there. One of my favorite parts of the album  is Linford's
extended piano part on FD #4. But I think the most significant part of the
album for me is the lyrics to "IRH." I think Linford stole a page out of my
journals for that one.(Hello, God? Are you there?)
Lastly, Linford and Karen, if you should by chance happen to see this post,
Please, please, please, please, I beseech thee, I implore- I beg- please
include "Rhapsody" in the line up for the April 22 Chicago show.
OK, I hope I have made back any friends I might have once had here. I
digress.....