what is silly?

hi david and brusay et al.

a little ruffle, some rotten feathers and we're
jammin'.  the list: a fun place to bounce ideas.

--- David Deusner <ceiclovy at speakeasy_net> wrote:
> Just wondering if you, Mr. Lachey, read the rest of
> my review of the
> evening's performance?...

j. marie here :)  i read the whole thing and thought
you jumped to some conclusions based on your own
personal preferences and assumptions.  and i think
it's fine to have those preferences.  though and b/c i
wasn't there, i enjoyed your post and tried to follow
the logic you presented there.  while it was great
that you were willing to say exactly what you thought,
the response to bruce makes me think you saw your
observations as empirical (objective at best).  which
is simply not so.  i can't speak for the band and
their level of preparation and/or savvy regarding
concert performances.  even aside from people not
being "on" absolutely all the time...i agree with the
other dissidents that an acoustic version of gms does
not automatically equal poor quality/preparation.

> Had you done so, you
> undoubtedly would have realized
> the inapposite nature of your argument wherein you
> suggest that because of...

what i found "silly" was some sort of hermeneutical
tone here of argument and accuracy while talking about
your impressions as a concert-goer.  that especially
seems "silly" in the light of your pedestaled mocking
of those who were discussing the relationship of over
the rhine with christianity and art etc.

take care,
j. marie