Got it!

It arrived at my hotel just before I left for California!  So I've
listened to it almost non-stop since then.  I was all psyched to get
on-line and tell you all how the first track made me think of a James Bond
tune, but I see I'm not the first one to think that.  :-)

All in all, I *love* it.  The electronic tunes really startled me, but
I really like them.  Give Me Strength, in particular, reminds me of
Delerium, and when Karin's voice soars into the refrain... wow!  It
was really neat to listen to that song while driving through gorgeous
New Mexican mountains.

I love the playfulness of this record, as I percieve it through the
toy piano and the number of times Karin sings "la di da" type
nonsense syllables.  Very catchy.

I do wish the version of Goodbye had the catchier reprise.  Or perhaps
coda is a better word.  When they first started playing that song,
after the misleading pause, they would come *blasting* back out of the
silence with teh final refrain, but lately they've switched to a
more subdued re-entry, and I miss the power of the other version.
I also kind of wish the last song had just ended on Karin's breathy
"go", rather than adding a few more bars of piano, but I can see
my opinion on that changing with mood.

Haven't had a chance to mull over the lyrics yet, except of course
the old songs.  It was so weird to hear Goodbye and Little Blue River
sung with clear(er) enunciation.  :-)  When I think of all the hours
I spent listening to crummy bootleg tapes, trying to decipher the
lyrics of those two songs for the old Web Orchard...  :-)  Did anyone
else think Karin was going to start singing "Karma Chameleon" when
she was singing "IcomeIcomeIcome" in the transition from Little Blue
River to the hymn?  :-)

In short, as I am pressed for time here, I really like the experiementation
evident in this effort.  The shift between electronic and Little Blue
River is a bit abrupt, but the continuity of Karin's voice makes it
work.  I thought the strings were close to too much, though.  Very
George Martin-like.  Goodbye sounded very much like a beatles tune,
which I hadn't noticed before.  I radio heaven actually uses some
of the same chords as a song that a friend of mine from Toronto wrote.
I'm sure they aren't aware of each otehr, and the songs themselves
are completely different, but it was very startling to hear the
smae three or four notes in such different contexts.

Gotta go.  Hope you are all well,
--
Don Smith                    Robotic Optical Transient Search Experiment
dasmith at rotse2_physics.lsa.umich.edu        http://xte.mit.edu/~dasmith/

"Go to red alert!"  "Are you *absolutely* sure, sir?
It does mean changing the bulb."			    - Red Dwarf