Re: Tell me, tell me, tell me

I'd guess 75-85.  More than enough to crowd around to see 'em; it's a big
store, but it was near the comfortable limit.  5pm was the perfect time to
eliminate some of those half-assed OtR fans that couldn't get off work in
time to fight traffic...

They started promptly at 5, but Rick Cassinelli claims they were mid-song
when he walked in just at 5.  (I have a sneaking suspicion his watch is set
incorrectly - we should have checked that last night).

Tunes they played, I think in order:

Fairpoint Diary
If Nothing Else
Give Me Strength
I Radio Heaven
Whatever You Say

They were set up in the middle of the store (if you've been there, they were
in the archway between main section and vinyl and used sections).  They
faced South when performing.  (How about THAT for a nice trivia tidbit!)
Mr. Detweiler played acoustic guitar for all the tunes; Karin played only
the vocal cords, save the toy piano solo for Fairpoint.  Notables in
attendance were Mr. Todd Kearby (who heckled the band), a set of Dale Bakers
(one the Sixpence/OtR drummer, the other the Virgin/Backporch? rep from
Columbus), me, Ms. Deb Flinchbaugh, Mr. Rick Cassinelli, Mr. Drew Vogel, Mr.
Daniel J Temmesfeld, Scott and Mike Ulrich (both celebrating birthdays that
very day), and Mr. Ashley Peacock.

Fairpoint, INE, and GMS were played similarly to the way they were done on
97X that morning, but Karin's vocals on GMS were stronger at Everybody's
than on the radio.  She read the first few lines of WYS off a lyric sheet to
remind her, as she claimed "she didn't know the song very well" or something
like that.

Since you (Melissa) had a good excuse for missing (!), I got you the goodies
they were handing out: a poster from the 2000 Winter Tour and a 12x24 glossy
with art for the album announcing the current tour, signed by the band.

I'm still debating whether it was worth the 6 minute drive from work.  Haha,
just kidding.  It was fun.  Those things have gotta be awkward for everyone
involved but I'm just happy those opportunities exist for bands and fans
still.

Afterwards, a few of us (Dan, Deb, Rick, me, my pal Alex) headed to drinks
and Brainstormers Trivia across the street at The Dubliner Irish place.
It's a brilliant trivia game hosted by the owner of the place, with very
varied questions.  Out of around 20 teams, we were third.  If we'd've known
that the word 'modem' came from modulate/demodulate, we would have tied for
the win...

So why don't you use it,
try not to bruise it,
  buy time don't lose it,