Re: dreamlife of angels

--- jillian tully <waytogojane at hotmail_com> wrote:
> no need to call yourself ignorant, dear...we're all
> better off *not* knowing
> about contemporary christian music. it's an archaic
> term that hurts the
> careers of some very talented people (like chasing
> furies and burlap to
> cashmere) and disillusions many others, despite the
> wonderful songs they
> write afterwards (like sam phillips and sixpence).

I understand the jist of what you're saying, and agree
to a point.  However, I must point out that sixpence
is still sitting smack dab in the middle of the ccm
industry.  As a matter of fact, there are what one
might call a "darling" of the industry.
As for Chasing Furies - amazing!
As for Burlap - one of my favorites, but I'm not sure
they would have been widely appreciated in any
industry or market.  Sad

Kelvin

=====
"The pleasure of obedience is pretty thin compared to the pleasure of hearing a rotten tomato hit someone in the rear end."     --  Garrison Keillor