Re: tin angel, indeed!

On 3/9/01 8:43 PM, quoth the brilliant arwen725 at hotmail_com at
arwen725 at hotmail_com:

>yes, yes, that bleepin' tin angel- every time i've tried to get in there,
>there's been some sort of intervening freakish anomoly keeping me out-
>generally an unwonted band with an obscene cover price for a poor college
>student.  but i suppose i'm only bitter because the first time i planned to
>go there for a Christmas over the rhine concert i didn't find out there was
>an age limit until the night before.  (and of course my birthday was only a
>month away- see, i can whine, too!)  so how about a nice open concert in
>rittenhouse square park?  or maybe an evening of culture at xando's?
>hahahahaha.  sorry.  guess i'm bitter about it, too.

Another Philly Lostee! Wooty Woot!

Now, I've been putting some thought into this tonight, cos it's pretty
useless for me to say no to the Tin Angel without saying yes to anywhere
else. I was thinking maybe the Upstage, but I don't know how
atmospherically friendly a place that'd be. I'd say Newmarket Cabaret had
not our own beloved Fresh Prince bought it out. Zanzibar Blue isn't quite
right either, being a jazz club, though I'm sure it's the right size.
There was a great place on Penn campus-- St. Mary's Church, I think,
where Monk played. But I just don't know. Anyone else around here have
any ideas?