Popularity vs Obscurity

"More comercially friendly" songs and albums is how I got the musical taste
that I did.  If The Cure never released Love Song, Love and Rockets never
released So Alive, Jesus and Mary Chain never released Head On and The
Sisters of Mercy never released More I would not have developed the musical
tastes I have today.  Period.  These songs gain exposure for the bands who
created them, and then enterprising young lovers of song search out their
old creations, hoping to find more, and better things.  That's how I got
here, listening to Over The Rhine in the first place.

HOWEVER... concerts are never quite the same once a band reaches mainstream
popularity.  IF Over The Rhine becomes popular, the only thing that I will
miss, are the days when I could look around the concert venue and honestly
state that I know 70% of the people in attendance, even if I wasn't in my
home town.

Gardner.

--
"Though I'm usually pacifistic