Re: commerciality

In a message dated 2/10/01 4:06:53 PM Central Standard Time,
unbornbuddha at yahoo_com writes:

<<  Mule Variations, Fumbling Towards Ecstacy,
 were all "more commercial and radio-friendly", >>

Now I don't want to get off on a rant here but Mule Variations was NOT radio
friendly. Did you hear it on the radio more than a few times? It's just the
critics loved it, places like Borders wildly promoted it and so everyone who
thought they were anyone went out to get this great disc to hear what all the
hooopla was about and as a result a lot more people were briefly exposed to
Mr. Waits. But I think that 10 minutes of pop stardom has already run it's
course now that all those more commercially palated people picked it up -
because they were *supposed* to - and found themselves getting home, popping
it into thier CD player,  scratching thier heads, and saying to themselves
"what the hell is this!@"
 Don't get me wrong, I think Mule Variations is a masterpiece on par with his
Bone Machine but his music is not and never will be (I don't think)
appealing to a lot of people.

 Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

kevin