Re: radio friendly

> > pardon me, but is 'more commercial and
> > radio-friendly' a good thing??  this
> > frightens me...

please don't get me wrong- i wish over the rhine all success and happiness.
they've been faithful to their art for such a long time, and if they get
some good money and recognition out of that, they certainly deserve it.  and
yeah, they're going to be better than just about anything else on the radio
by default.  i guess i just suffer from an unhealthy fear and all-consuming
dislike of things dear to me being bantered around pop culture as the latest
fad or new-find-of-the-week.  i would really honestly be saddened if otr was
next year's super bowl half-time event, and most likely because i don't have
enough faith in this little society of ours to really understand something
good and be affected by it.

(whew!)

so that's where i was coming from.