RE: Radio friendly

hmm. This is my take on it.

As soon as I found out that OtR was coming to the west coast, I had a
friend, a concert promoter, contact thier booking agent to see about setting
a show up. This is what he got:

OtR has been asking for around $5000 per show, concert promoter has to
provide hotel and transportation expenses and dinner for the band and crew.
OtR pays for thier musicians and flights to whatever city they need.

Now then, lets look at thier tour. Take March, for example. They have 10
dates booked for that month.
That's $50,000, my friends. For one MONTH! Now, of course you have to take
in to account taxes, expenses for flights and moving of instruments, paying
band members, and food, etc but i'll bet that at the end of the month, they
have a heathy bit to pay bills with.

My take on it is that they aren't 100% concerned with commercial success,
because they have it. Commercial success to me, doesn't equate to having
your face plastered all over Tower Records. I would call commercial success,
having a nice little following, praise from critics everywhere, radio
stations that WANT to play your music because it's GOOD, not because they
have a rotational schedule. But most of all, for me, I would call commercial
success, getting paid to do what you passionately love doing. Oh my gosh,
that just blows my mind! To be able to play music for a living and get paid
for it.

It's like prolonging mortality. And i like that idea.

--Chris