Re: How Unbrilliant

tina hammersmith (or something) sez:

> They were not both boxers. Get it?

ok, then let's use boxers. how about sugar ray robinson and sugar ray
leonard? oh wait.. there's a band named sugar ray too. now how can that be
possible?

and the funny thing about these analogies is that they really have no
relevance to this discussion. *YOU* believe that ric somehow has this
devious need to malign and invalidate mr. thelonius's work by taking *HIS*
name for his band. it just ain't so... i'm beginning to think that if ric
knocked on your door and personally explained that his great grandmother's
maiden name was MONK or that his second cousin spent time in a tibetan
monastery it STILL would not convince you.

> If it's
> not the least bit weird, why would Ric feel the need
> to mention it when he discusses his band's name on the
> site?

probably so people don't get the wrong idea.

you know, when i read over the posts from the past few days, one thought
keeps striking me... 'bull in a china shop.' you've kind of charged in here
and presumed to speak for how the list feels about monk (putting up with
monk bullshit, i believe is how you phrased it) and chewed out long-standing
members of this list (Don Smith has been on this list since at least 1996,
as have the majority of the regular posters).

i dunno. i guess i'm just respectfully suggesting that you maybe tone it
down a notch or two. you know... just take it easy. we're normally a pretty
easy going bunch here... not used to seeing 'you fucker' in the subject
line. except maybe for when kyle's around...  :)

my last word on this. i promise. no, really.. i swear.

back into the shadows,
eric.