Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V3 #428

> my initial point was what i saw at a monk show seemed
> a bit self-indulgent and not all that interesting. and
> yes, very white.
Well, it IS white, cause they ARE all white. GEE. What's the big deal with
all of that. They're great musicians. They're not at all self-indulgent,
imo, and if you don't like they're music that's perfectly ok with me. I
don't care if you think the name Monk is taken. Well, maybe Thelonius should
have used another name? I mean... maybe some people could think I'm talking
about church music from the middle ages when I ask them about this new Monk
album... c'mon that's really stupid. you don't have to listen to Monk and
you don't have to like their music. sorry if i sounded rude now, this
discussion is just kind of getting on my nerves.

Let's start talking bout that band that stole the name of a river running
through my country again...

tobi