No Subject

To: over-the-rhine-announce at actwin_com

From: OTRhine at aol_com

Subject: Films For Radio Red Light Special: Whoa!

Hello again everyone,

The phones have been ringing off the hook at the office.
It's like trying to win tickets on the radio to the Reading
Festival in England or something. So glad that so many of
you are looking forward to this recording. Thank you so
much for your enthusiasm. Orders have been pouring in.
We are deluged with your kindness. We are drowning in
good will. Grace has been put on hold, and joy has been
monopolizing the call-waiting.

I guess my mysterious letter managed to confuse a few people,
and we're still not sure who got it and who didn't. I'm told it
hasn't appeared in the archive. At least some people probably
have no idea what I'm talking about. Yesterday's letter will be
posted at overtherhine.com soon, and the Films For Radio
Pre-Order Special should be up and running on line by the end
of the day at overtherhine.com. Please order on line using our
Secure Server if you can. It will save Stacie a lot of work. Poor girl.

Karin had to hold the phone while she took a pee break.

A few quick clarifications: this special is running for the
entire month of February. Come March 1st, it will be over,
and there will be no more signed and numbered editions
available. But it IS running for the entire month of February,
so don't panic if you didn't get through today. We'll sign and
number the cd's to fill however many orders we receive
during the month of February, whether that ends up being
500 or 5000. (My hand hurts already.)

Stacie will ship these out so that they will be delivered
to your door on March 13th. The cost is $15 per signed
cd--we pay the shipping anywhere in the U.S.A. Foreign
orders, please add $5 per cd for shipping and handling
overseas etc.

One other quick aside: someone printed out a copy for us
of an on-line article that was recently sent to the Over the Rhine
discussion list. We had a wonderful time speaking with Jessica
at Kaldi's, but one part of the interview made me feel a little
awkward when I saw it. The interview took place last November
before our Christmas Tour, and since it was published well after
the tour, I'm assuming the editors probably changed a few things
in order to make it sound more recent.

Jessica was asking about the line-up that we were planning on
taking out in December, and it hadn't been confirmed yet at that
time. I answered by saying something like Karin, Jack, Terri and
myself and a drummer and a bass player. The editors changed the
question to, Who did you take out on tour last December? They
left the answer Karin, Jack, Terri and myself and a drummer and
a bass player. In my mind, it sounded like, Oh, y'know, Karin, Jack,
Terri, myself and some drummer and bass player--like who cares...

Well in case it matters to anyone besides me, we care! Just to
clarify, the drummer was Dale Baker, and the bass player was
Chris Donohue. If someone would have actually asked me after
the tour who we took out, I would have named them with a big
grin on my face, because they are a fantastic rhythm section
that played such a wonderful part in making our tour last December
so enjoyable and memorable. (Wade Jaynes filled in for Chris in
Lafayette, Indiana and at The Taft in Cincinnati.)

We always seek to acknowledge the players that we've had the
privilege of working with. And Dale and Chris are two of the
best ever. Just thought I'd mention it.

Well, I better run along. We'll see you on that Spring Tour that
is going to take us to some bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean,
down to Austin where we'll be drinking from those deep musical
wells, and back to Chicago which a friend of mine just described
as the #1 city in America for live music. I couldn't think of a
reason to argue.

Bon courage,

Linford Detweiler