Re: compilation?

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001 11:36:00 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

>i am new to this posting group but have been following
>over the rhine for several years now. i saw on the OTR
>website that some of you are putting a tribute cd
>together. i am wondering if it would be possible to
>contribute a track. also, i'd like to get a listen to
>some of the other stuff that might be out there (there
>was only one mp3 on the OTR site).

Hi there. Your timing is good -- I just sent out an update about the
project to those people that are involved with it... I'm including the
update here for everyone to see...

=-=-=-
Hey all you Over The Rhine Tribute CD players and pals!

We've been busy with the Tribute CD project.

If you haven't heard, the official name of the project is "What It Takes To
Please You -- A Tribute To Over The Rhine". The website, the best source of
up-to-date information, is
http://www.drewvogel.com/whatittakestopleaseyou.html.

We wanted to update you on what we've been doing. The following items are
in-process or done:
* Essay (it's really good!) from Lindsey for the booklet.
* Met with the generous and talented Michael Wilson to choose
photographs/artwork.
* Finalize/approve design on booklet. (the artwork that's on the website is
not current -- we want to keep the new design a secret for now!)
* Secure rights for the music (Bruce is swimming in this stream!).
* Design/approve marketing/pre-order materials. Look for them soon!

The following items are still ahead of us, or are just beginning:
* Media awareness.
* Final selection of charity/charities to benefit from the project.
* Secure goods & services (paper, pre-press, printing, duplicating,
mastering). This is a big one, but a plan is in place. No shoe leather,
yet.
* Collect information from contributors & incorporate into booklet.
* Finalize track selection/order.
* Determine final selling price.

Here's where it comes back to you: If you are planning to contribute a
track, be aware that the final, absolute, 'forgeddaboudit' deadline is
Friday, 23-February-2001. This is a slight extension from what had been
posted on the website. It is TOO LATE  to claim a track for the project if
you haven't already.

If you've claimed a track and have not yet submitted it, DO IT NOW! Contact
Drew (drew at drewvogel_com) for some very important information if you still
haven't submitted. If you previously claimed a track and decided not to
contribute, please let Drew know.

We're looking good for an March/April release. We're striving to get the
project out around the same time as the release of "Films For Radio".

bruce and drew
(tell me this welcome peace isn't dancing with the ghost of future tears)

(this email is bulk-sent to those that identified themselves as
participants in the Over the Rhine Tribute CD project. if you do not wish
to receive future mailings, please reply with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject
of your email. you may complain bitterly in the body of your email.)
=-=-=-

Ciao!

---