i remembered something

tom that reminds me of when i was at blue jordan
festival to see victoria williams and cowboyjunkies.
we snuck over to see monk for just a bit cuz we were
curious and my boyfriend asked if i had ever heard the
musicans' joke about the size of a guitarist's penis
being inversely proportional to the length of his
solos? i hadn't heard it but it sort of made me grin a
bit.
i guess my only thought is i can't get use to a white
man taking the name of a black jazz legend for his
band. that just doesn't seem cool to me. but my
roommate ordered one of rich hordinski's records and
what i heard didn't sound too bad i guess although i
didn't care for the singing. she said the band use to
have a longer name. did brian kelley really start monk
with rich while they were both still in otr?
speaking of-can't wait for the new otr record! just
discovered them when good dog came out. i'm curious
too to see what itwill be like. loved the line-up they
took out in december. they were smokin'. hope it goes
out again. (we saw them at rosebud in pittsburgh. it
was pretty packed. erin mckeown opened. i love her
song about four and twenty blackbirds, but haven't
picked up her record. does anyone have it, if so, is
it good?)

Tina Ladner

currently in heavy rotation:

cowboy junkies: waltz across america (featuring karin
and linford)
the beatles: 1
django reinhart boxset : wow!