New music suggestions

Dear esteemed listies-

While gazing at my CD rack this morning, picking music to bring to work, I
realized that I am getting tired of my collection. The radio stations in New
York don't seem interested in introducing people to new artists (unless
they're offically sanctioned by the big record companies!). So I am turning
to the people that I know have good taste in music (obligatory OTR comment).
Can you please suggest some different artists for me to look into?

In the spirit of Amazon and CD Now's "People who bought this album also
bought THESE albums," my CD rack is full of: OTR, Monk (obviously), Peter
Gabriel, Dar Williams, Sting, Kate Bush, Joe Jackson, Squirrel Nut Zippers,
Harry Connick, Barenaked Ladies, Sarah McLachlan, Dave Matthews, XTC,
Squeeze, Suzanne Vega, Ben Folds, Pat Metheny, Frank Zappa, lots of 70s
progresssive (Rush, Yes, Genesis, Tull, etc.) -- just so you get an idea of
what I like.

I'm sure this will stir up some activity on the list, as well :)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Dave