Re: quixotic & cast-away

Doesn't it just boil down to you create the belief system you need, when you
need it to survive, get through, live whatever the circumstances at hand?
Kind of the theory "life is what you make it".

Someone mentioned the wings and the pretty lady - again, you hang on to what
you can to get you through.  A song, a thought, a picture...anything as long
as you assign some value and belief to it.

"We who lived in concentration camps can
remember the men who walked through the
huts comforting others, giving away their
last piece of bread.  They may have been few
in number, but they offer sufficient proof
that everything can be taken from a man
but one thing; the last of the human freedoms-

To choose one's attitude in any
given set of circumstances, to
choose one's own way."

Victor Frankl

just some thoughts....

Lucie

>From: "Rick Cassinelli II" <rickcassinelli at hotmail_com>
>To: dtemm at yahoo_com, Over-the-Rhine at actwin_com
>Subject: Re: quixotic & cast-away
>Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 20:28:55 -0500
>

>     I watched _Cast Away_ after watching Tom Hanks
>interviewed on Charlie Rose the night before (12/22/2000)
>so that influenced how I watched the movie.  The
>idea was that people cannot live alone, but the mind will
>create what it needs to survive.  The volleyball become
>someone to share his experience with.  When I saw it I
>thought it a chilling contribution to the world view that
>people made god.  It would be interesting but uncommercial
>to see how the Tom Hanks character would have behaved
>differently and prayed aloud to God for companionship.
>
>--Rick C
>
>>"Dan Temmesfeld" <dtemm at yahoo_com> wrote:
>>still works.  plus, creating a character
>>out of a volleyball that the audience
>>begins to relate to... well, i was
>>impressed with that, too.
>>
>>thoughts?

******
"I have spread my dreams under your feet.
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
W.B. Yeats
******