Re: quixotic & cast-away

     I watched _Cast Away_ after watching Tom Hanks
interviewed on Charlie Rose the night before (12/22/2000)
so that influenced how I watched the movie.  The
idea was that people cannot live alone, but the mind will
create what it needs to survive.  The volleyball become
someone to share his experience with.  When I saw it I
thought it a chilling contribution to the world view that
people made god.  It would be interesting but uncommercial
to see how the Tom Hanks character would have behaved
differently and prayed aloud to God for companionship.

--Rick C