AM Radio

I was channel surfing the other night while driving and my radio landed on a
somewhat clear signal so I listened a bit.  I heard an ad for something in
northern Kentucky.  Huh?  Where is this from?  Then the station later
claimed to be the "home of the Reds."  Could it be?  Finally, it identified
itself as WLW, AM 700 Cincinatti.  I think those were the call letters and
frequency.  I was impressed that the signal pushed itself across four state
lines, through the woods, over the river, despite the cold, to land in my
area, just south of the Twin Cities.  Who'da thunk it?

><>  Narhan  <><

*  N(u)TS - audio recordings for trade     *
*  http://communities.msn.com/tradern8     *
*  VoL, U2, OtR, 16hp, 77s, DA, tVB, TST,  *
*  Pedro the Lion, Adam Again, the Choir,  *
*  Monk, J.R. Cash, P. Pettis, M. Knott,   *
*  Vic Williams, M. Heard, etc. etc. etc.  *