RE: cast-away (FedEX)

In a message dated Mon, 8 Jan 2001  1:43:50 PM Eastern Standard Time, zbignew
brzhinsky <kymtnmusic at yahoo_com> writes:

<<

You'll be interested to learn that Fed Ex didn't
pay anything.  In fact, they almost said no when
the film (Zmeckis, right?) approached them. They
"had to think long and hard" (sorry I can't
footnote that; I just remember it from an
interview I saw last week) about allowing their
plane to crash and kill its crew and get all
those packages wet... I was caught by surprise
there myself- I assumed it was a pig product
placement deal, too, but apparently not.

I do wonder why they didn't make up a fictional
company though, like "United Federal Next Day
Parcel Express Air Courier Zip Service" ...or
something...

Mike

Wilson, on the other hand, is ecstatic all-round, and will be coming out with
a painted volleyball soon. There was an article about it in the Philadelphia
Inquirer today, so I'll assume it's AP and thus available from several
papers. There might be an online version of the article at phillynews.com,
and were I not so damn lazy, I'd go look....