Grammy Stuff

Top 10 things I learned/thought whilst skimming the Grammy Nominations:

10. It took seven people people to write "Say My Name" by Destiny's Child.
Seven.  And am I the only one that sings this song in my car and adds
'bitch' at the end of the 1st line of the chorus, like "Say my name/say my
name (bitch)", a-la American Pie?
9. Album of the Year is a wacky slew of mismatched sludge.
8. Sting always gets nominated for these weird things I've never heard of
(like 'Windmills of My Mind from a year or two ago').
7. I had no clue or care that Don Henley released anything in the past year.
6. Bjork, nominated for pop instrumental performance: brilliant.  Except she
doesn't play many instruments...  But songwriting counts for something I
guess.
5. 'Paper Bag' by Fiona deserves the well-given Female Rock Vocal
Performance nomination.  Well sung.
4. Don Henley, David Bowie, Bob Dylan all are nominated for Male Rock Vocal
Performance.  Sweet Jesus, what year is it?  And unless Bob's singing has
gotten much better over the past 20 years, I sincerely doubt his vocal
performance is honor worthy.
3. Paul McCartney, nominated for "Alternative Music Album" along w/ Fiona,
Radiohead, Cure, Beck...  Maybe I don't understand you kids and your
'alternative' music..  :)
2. The day Randy Newman doesn't sing a crappy movie song at the Oscars, I'll
throw a party.  My vote's for REM in that category though.  Why no Bjork??
1. Who knew there was a "Remixer of the Year, Non-Classical" award??

My vote (of the choices) is Nigel Godrich for producer of the year
(Radiohead, Travis), but Mirwais' work on Madonna's "Music" CD is neato.