NBC/PAX's "Mysterious Ways"

Hello everyone.  I am a renewbie who was inspired to
rejoin you to tell the tale of my bizzarre New Year's
experience of actually listening to bdgd on my stereo
while flipping back and forth from "CD" to "video" on
my remote to see if this weird new show on nbc was
worth anything and I got confused 'cuz no matter which
button I pushed, there was "Latter Days"!!

No, I don't have any witnesses to this, you'll just
have to take my word for it.  Or not... my neck hurts
from shaking it back and forth in deisbelief for the
last day and a half.

So I've been surfing around and it seems the song made
quite an impression among MW's faithful few.  Their
lists are all abuzz over who was that singer and what
was that song?  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Did anyone know about this beforehand?  NBC's credits
credit almost noone, so if anybody knows anything I'd
love to hear it.

mike