Re: haikus? (was "A Clove Cigarette in a Pear Tree")

Perhaps I'll end each mail to the list with a haiku, and suggest the same of
the other gentle list members.  Alternately, I could revert to the
old-school Bruce where subject lines used to be "Topic 1" or "Topic 2" a-la
The Bullwinkle Show.

Re: Linford's poem, I've gotta re-read it and re-read some of the discussion
on this list.  Then maybe I'll have more intelligent things to write about
it.  But don't count on it.

Bruce

Seemingly engulfed
the blue cold of ice and snow;
It's not winter yet!

or

Her name is Rio
and she dances on the sand
Just like that river

----Original Message Follows----
From: "J. Marie Hall" <fionaeval at yahoo_com>

good day!

 > It humbled me.  Then I remembered the simple truth
 > that if a million monkeys
 > shook cups of alphabet soup, one would eventually
 > come up with a killer
 > haiku.

i think bruce could start a killer thread by
introducing a haiku sharing (and themed) endeavor.
for holiday cheer.  what would the topic(s) be?
messainic representation?  american beauty's life-long
wisdom?  the inexhaustable spinoggle?...dare i say it:
simon lebon's "mojo"?  sorry, drew.