RE: clerks cartoon, poems & beauty, and planes

quoth marie:
> > i'll be waiting at bestbuy that morning
>
> must be a popular place...is this normal
> for the citizens of dayton? :)

no, not normal.  i only go there on certain
tuesdays when certain stupendous items are first
made available... ie- a new OtR, etc...

> > and the clerks cartoon special edition).
>
> oh my!  i saw one of the clerks movies
> and loved it.... _those_ movies mess
> with your thoughts on use of language.

yeah, kevin smith's movies have a way with
words... or maybe a certain "f" word.

speaking of that word... bruce, lara, and i
checked out the fucking poem while talking over
italian ice, raspberry coffee, and hot chai
(respectively) at sitwell's in cincinnati last
night (sidenote: i don't like the new location of
sitwell's).  i've only read the poem once, while
peering over bruce's shoulder.  i think i like the
poem.  yes, actually, i do.

my whole stance on words is one of not judging the
words as being good/bad.  words are just the way
we *try* to communicate our intentions and
thoughts.  rather, i think a lot of where
something could be deemed good/bad depends a lot
on the context, motive, etc.  in the holy union of
marriage, why couldn't/shouldn't a husband and
wife say "fuck me" to one another?  i see no
reason why that would be bad or inappropriate.

sure, as kelvin mentioned, there IS baggage to
that word.  i think that linford used that word
because of the very reason that it had baggage.
perhaps he was trying to make a point that there
is beauty in places that we don't normally look
for beauty... sorry, i'm in the middle of watching
_american beauty_ this evening.  i'm mesmerized by
the colors, story, and camera work in that movie.
and the themes, too.  why do we judge beauty so
superficially?

why do we judge words normally viewed as bad, but
used in a beautiful context so superficially?
maybe we need to dig deeper this time.

> have you seen this cartoon yet?

the clerks cartoon was considerably less
objectionable than the movie.  there were only 6
episodes made- kevin didn't want to do any more
than that.  two episodes aired this past may/june
on ABC.  by the second episode, it had Already
Been Cancelled.  kevin didn't want the series to
go unnoticed to his fans; so he's releasing all 6
episodes with deleted scenes, intros by jason
mewes and kevin smith (as jay and silent bob),
audio commentary, etc.  i love DVDs... they're
great.

> > um... duh.  *buy* an airplane.  eventually
> > the benefit will outweigh the cost.  2045,
> > maybe.
>
> you know, i can't decide though...i'm from
> florida and all.  these things don't occur
> to me easily, you know, the obvious.

yeah, i was worried about that.  i'll type slower
next time.  airplanes are those things that fly.
in the air.  like butterflies, but not like
butterfly ballots.  :P

it's a good thing that you finally got your state
straightened out, marie.  that break you took to
come up here for the OtR taft show delayed it long
enough.

la lengua en la mejilla,
Dan

np: bill&vol - electromeo