Re: Taft Show and Leigh's nervousness addressed

I'll give my two cents on the Taft Show for Kelly and anyone else who may not
have heard anything about it. I believe that OTR started their set with
"Latter Days", and played a few new songs such as "If Nothing Else" (which I
thought was really, really good), and a couple of others I can't remember the
names too. I thought they would play more new material than they did. They
did a rockin' version of "Goodbye" which I had not heard them play live
before. I was caught off guard as they played "Sleep Baby Jane" which was
also really good.

I believe Karin's surprises were her duet with Ron Sexsmith, as they sang one
of Jack's songs, and the possibly the finale when Leigh, Ron, & Matt Slocum
joined OTR on stage for a closing Christmas song (anybody remember what they
sang?
Was it by John Lennon, or am I completely off my rocker?) All in all, it was
a beautiful show....I think any show in the Taft is a good show....it's such
a beautiful theater....

Ron Sexsmith was okay...I liked his song "Idiot Boy", but I'm really not that
familiar with him. As far as Leigh being nervous, I didn't get that at all.
I've seen Sixpence about five times and she seems to be the same every time.
I don't think she was nervous about singing to the OTR audience. Isn't that a
little pretentious to think so? I know fans of OTR are fans of good music,
but since Leigh has sung on Letterman and Leno, and countless places ALL OVER
THE WORLD, I don't think she would be intimidated by us. I can see how she
might be a little nervous about playing with OTR since she likes them so
much, but I don't think her nervousness showed.

Sixpence's set was good (what I heard of it). "Melody of You" & "God Rest Ye
Merry Gentleman" were superb. I think their new material sounds much improved
(not that their last album was bad). It just seems they're growing......hope
this was informative for someone...

Brittney

np: Sounds of Wood and Steel 2