Little Brothers Show 12/13

Well ~

Last night a few of us ventured out into the freezing, rainy night to hear
some tunes by some old friends. I'm not one for a full-blown review, but
since I know there are some people who wanted to come that didn't make it,
I'll try my best to describe the scene and the happenings.

Let's see....Little Brothers had some charm. I'd never been there before so
I was glad to find parking, etc. I guess I only live maybe 20 or 30 blocks
or so from the place, but I hadn't ever even noticed it along that strip of
High Street.

I brought a friend from grad school who had never heard of Over the Rhine
before. He (Mike) seemed to enjoy himself, but I think he spent much of the
evening scanning the crowd for other gay men, which he didn't seem to think
there were many of. He said his "gaydar" was really off that night -
whatever that means. :-) He did like the music though and agreed with me
that the newer songs are just sortof ho-hum - nothing outstanding about them
I guess. I think he most enjoyed Sleep Baby Jane and their rendition of
Silent Night.

Anyway after we got there I found some familiar faces which was nice.
Perhaps Mike thinks I know everyone in Columbus because during the whole
show people kept walking by and I kept saying hello. Dan and Thurman never
made it, but we looked hard for them.

So...about the concert:

Ashley Peacock as always, was charming and very good. The room was quite
loud as he played, so I doubt people heard much of what he was doing.
Perhaps they will come back in January to hear him play at Victorian's again
if they recognize the name.

OtR started with Latter Days and then I think they went into All I
Need.....after that it gets fuzzy. It's been so long since I've seen them
play without the Junkies that I everything they did seemed different than
before. I loved hearing Moth live, and totally started bawling during
Anyway....good Lord, that's a beautiful song!

The encore was My Love is a Fever, and then Like a Radio. (I think - Zena
correct me if i'm wrong). The concert wrapped up around midnight and after
giving Ashley a few hugs Mike and I went back out to the car to scrape off
the inch of ice that had fallen during the night.

It was a good evening. Well worth the $10 price of admission.

Anyway,

Lara